"True service learning for social justice is a shared partnership!"
What service learning is NOT
-volunteering without connecting
What service learning IS
-tied to outcomes
Community Service Opportunities
Saturday, June 2, 10am-5pm: Sunnyside Sunflower annual public painting
Saturday, June 2, 5-9pm: Starlight Run volunteers needed
Get service hours and help earn money for SES. 25 volunteers are needed to help with the Starlight Run on Saturday, June 2, from 5-9pm. For details please refer to this document. Interested in signing up? Email Jarrett Altman at email@example.com.
Saturday, June 2nd - No Ivy League @ Forest Park - 9:00 - 12:00 (Portland Parks Volunteer Calendar Details)
Learning Extension Opportunities
Morning Meeting Musician Follow Up - Ivy Ross Ricci
- For students and teachers who might be interested, here is a link to my bio where I teach music: Ivy's Youth Music Project Bio.
- Also, I have been featured recently in a few publications. Here is the link: Review Fix Article.
- Here is another recent interview with me from Thrive Global, Arianna Huffington's newest publication: Thrive Global Article.
- Finally, here is a link to my music catalog: Ivy's Music Online
- And, of course, the video: Girls Sit Screaming
Khan Academy Opportunity
Is your child great at explaining math or science concepts? They could win a $250,000 scholarship!
We’re proud to support the Breakthrough Junior Challenge video contest again this year. To enter, your child should create a short (under three minutes) video explaining a challenging concept in physics, mathematics, or the life sciences in an engaging, illuminating, and creative way. In addition to awarding a college scholarship to the winner, the Breakthrough Junior Challenge will give the winner’s teacher a $50,000 prize and the winner’s school a new $100,000 science lab.
Anyone ages 13 through 18 is eligible. The winner will also be invited to an awards ceremony, where the prize will be presented in front ofsuperstars of science, Silicon Valley, and Hollywood.
Good luck—we can’t wait to see your child’s video!
The Khan Academy team
The Khan Academy team